Just needed something to brighten my day and this hit on all points! Cute and cuddly – always makes me smile. Hope it does the same for you!
Happy Hug Your Cat Day! I found this article on “BuzzFeed” and it is so cute I couldn’t pass it up! It made me smile right through my migraine! (That says a lot!) And even though I never need a reason to hug my cats, a celebration is a celebration! So, let’s celebrate!
Hey, where did all of my cats go?…
Anyway, thank you to Chelsea Marshall for a great article!
1. You probably already know this but: your cat is the frickin’ best.
2. Like so-cute-it hurts level best.
3. They deal with your B.S..
4. They give the most adorable hugs in the world.
5. It doesn’t matter if it’s your hand…
6. …or your head…
7. …it’s always adorable.
10. …because they are so very patient.
11. They welcome even the smallest members of your family.
12. And continue to surprise you with their compassion.
13. Even when you say, “I’m fine”…
they know when you need that extra TLC.
14. Your cat is there for you during break-ups…
15. …and early-morning wake-ups.
16. They’re an epic support system when you need them.
17. Also, there’s the adorable factor.
JUST LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME YOU DON’T WANT IN.
18. Sometimes they don’t like asking for it…
19. But they’re ALWAYS deserving of it.
EVEN when they are a pain in the butt.
20. Because your cat just GETS you.
21. ❤ And deserves all the love in the world. ❤
I thought my guys were pretty loud (you can hear them purr across the room!), but this cutey has them beat!
By SUZAN CLARKE
Merlin the cat is giving dishwashers strong competition in the noise department with his record-setting purr.
The black-and-white house cat belonging to Tracy Westwood of Torquay, England, registered a purr measured at 67.8 decibels, setting the record for the loudest purr by a domestic cat, Guinness World Records announced on Wednesday.
Merlin narrowly beat the previous record of 67.68 decibels set in 2011 by Smokey, another British cat.
Merlin, a housecat from Britain, has set a new world record for the loudest purr by a domestic cat. According to …
The average house cat’s purr reportedly measures 25 decibels.
Merlin, who is 13 years old, can be so loud that Westwood says she occasionally has to repeat herself in conversation. In a preview clip for “Cats Make You Laugh Out 2,” Westwood said her cat’s purr has previously been measured even louder.
“When you’re watching films, you have to turn the telly up or put him out of the room. If he’s eating he’ll purr loudly. I can hear him when I’m drying my hair,” she said in a news release from Guinness. “If he’s cleaning, he gets louder. And sometimes if the telephone rings, I do get people asking me what’s that noise in the background. I tell them it’s the cat, but I don’t know if they believe me.”
Westwood adopted Merlin from a local shelter.
There was no indication that Merlin’s loud purr is due to a medical problem.
This story just hit my heart on so many levels and I had to share it. I hope you get feels from it as well. So special…
From the Huffington Post
written by Arlene Nisson Lassin
This is a true story of a very depressed and grieving mama cat, brought back to a happy maternal state thanks to some very loving people involved in the rescue and foster care of cats, complete with gorgeous photos of this miraculous match. (Here and at the end.)
Mikey, an eight month old cat, was inconsolable. She had three kittens, born too early. They were weak and one by one, they died. Mikey’s owner Hillary tried everything she could think of to save the babies.
After the last of Mikey’s kitten’s passed away the cat was searching frantically for her offspring, acted very depressed, and her breasts were engorged with milk.
Watching her cat suffer, Hillary was desperate for help and called Dori’s Darlings, a cat rescue organization run by Dori Hillman in Houston.
This is where Amanda Lowe comes in. She is a foster mother to abandoned kittens, through Dori’s Darlings. Just days before Mikey lost her last kitten, Amanda received three baby kittens to foster that were just a few days old, that still had their umbilical cords attached.
Amanda and another foster, Kelli Nicole, provided around the clock care for the three kittens, who she named Teddy, Abby, and Lily for four days. That’s when Amanda received the call from Dori about Mikey losing her brood of kittens.
Reaching out to Hillary immediately, Amanda offered to bring the kittens to Mikey the cat that same evening. After a conversation, they decided Mikey could make it through the night and Amanda went to her first thing the next morning.
Before showing Mikey the kittens, Amanda, who says she talks to cats and animals all the time, told Mikey how sorry she was about her babies.
Speaking to her in a soothing voice, Amanda told Mikey the cat, “I have some babies for you so you can be a mommy again.”
Amanda said she could tell Mikey liked her and trusted her, and then she placed the kittens in front of the mama cat.
Immediately, Mikey started licking them, grabbing them, hugging them. Around 15 minutes later, the cat spread out and rolled over giving the three kittens a nursing invitation.
Lily was the first to latch on.
After two hours, Amanda knew that with Mikey cuddling her new kittens, bathing them, and falling asleep with them, that she was leaving a very happy mama cat and giving the abandoned kittens a new home. She said they even looked like they belonged to one another.
As Amanda explained, the kittens are more important for Mikey, as lots of kittens are raised by human foster moms. “This was just an awful thing she went through (losing all of her babies) and this will be healing for her,” Amanda explained.
Here are some beautiful photos of this heartwarming rescue operation, all taken by Kelli Nicole, who is a professional photographer.
I always have time (or make time) to watch a cute cat video. Here is one my daughter sent me.
Hope you enjoy it!
1. “Uggggh books are so boringggg!”
2. “Can we just go outside and play instead?”
3. “There’s no way a simple BOOK could be more interesting than ME.”
4. “… I hate to break it to you, Human, but this is written in total gibberish.”
5. “What is this ‘reading’ you speak of?”
6. “Spoiler alert: the main character dies. Now rub my tummy.”
7. “You suuuuure you don’t want to play fetch instead?”
8. “Uh-oh. Looks like you confused ‘reading time’ with ‘petting time.'”
9. “I’ve got a great idea: how about you broaden your literary horizons by reading the kibble bag while you feed me?”
10. “… Is this not a pillow?”
11. “You won’t have your precious book for long, Human — once I get my lil’ fangs on it!”
12. “But … we’re OUTSIDE.”
13. “I demand that this reading nonsense stop at once.”
14. “Okay doesn’t seem like there’s any treats in here — you can probably stop reading now.”
15. “I’m going to nom at your book until you close it, Human.”
16. “Why do you like this book? It doesn’t taste very good at all.”
17. “Sorry, Human, but the news of the day is ME.”
18. “What do you MEAN you can’t pet me right now??”
19. “Waiting for you to stop reading is literally putting me to sleep.”
20. “Is this bugging you? Is me staring at you bugging you? Is it? Huh?”
21. “I bet that book isn’t nearly as cuddly as I am.”
22. “Okay, Human. That’s it. Put down the book, or you’ll find it shredded all over the house tomorrow.”
This is the best collection of Grumpy Cat memes I have ever seen! Thanks to Shrimp at Hairball Express for making me smile on a Monday (just don’t tell Grumpy Cat!)
It’s Flippin Monday again – and I don’t know how, but I’m sure it’s the CREATURE’S fault!😾
But since we have to put up with it anyway, I invited my pal Grumpy Kat to stop by and bring her usual cattitude to cheer us up! Enjoy!😺☕
😺Have A pawsome Monday, Furiends!😺
Photos courtesy of Pinterest